How to use Anti Aging Diets to Eat Right and Age Well?
As you age, your energy needs change. Your body requires fewer calories, but at the same time, it needs more of certain nutrients—nutrients that researchers are discovering may actually slow the aging process. If you live in a northern climate (like Boston, Seattle, Chicago, much of Canada, as well, as parts of Europe), your body may be seriously lacking Vitamin D, essential for absorption of calcium. Two cups of milk a day can replenish Vitamin D Levels in the body. Do not start on a calorie restricted diet without talking to your doctor first.
Diet ingredients for Aging well
- POTASSIUM,especially in the presence of high blood pressure or use of diuretic drugs.
- FOLIC ACID and a B VITAMIN ,which the body uses to make DNA and red blood cells ,can lower the levels of haemocysteine, a compound in the blood that has been associate with heart disease.
- FIBER to prevent constipation.
- VITAMIN B12 to build red blood cells and maintain healthy nerves.
- ZINC to help compensate for lowered immunity due to ageing.
- Antioxidants, such as vitamins C and E, and other compounds, including polyphenols and anthocyanins, battle free radicals -- unstable forms of oxygen that damage cell function.
- Free radicals form from normal metabolism. Your body also produces them in response to strong ultraviolet rays from the sun; air pollution; smoking; and secondhand smoke.
Tips for Taking Anti aging diets for Aging well
A person’s appetite and the senses of taste and smell tend to decline with age, making food considerably less appealing. Many older people experience difficulty chewing; in addition, heartburn, constipation, lactose intolerance, and other digestive problems increase with age and contribute to poor nutrition.
- Eat at least 5 servings a day of fruits and vegetables, preparing a serving of each at every meal. These foods help protect against ailments such as heart disease and cancer.
- Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water or juice every day. Older people often experience a decrease in thirst or reduce fluids because of bladder problems. This can cause constipation and kidney problems as well as an increased risk of dehydration in hot weather.
- If you have trouble chewing, there’s no need to settle for a soft bland diet which can lead to constipation and malnutrition. Instead, prepare lots of fish and ground meat and eat nutritious soups and puréed vegetables.
- Take daily walks and engage in other forms of exercise. Exercise not only preserves muscle strength but also improves appetite and mood.
- Select foods that supply contrasts in color, texture and flavour.
- Avoid using salt to improve flavour,instead add herbs and spices.
- Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day.
- A small glass of wine or beer with meals aids digestion and adds to eating pleasure.
- Take daily walks or engage in other exercises.
- Choose healthier foods from the market that contain no serious preservatives or additives that impair health.
Food and Diet use for Anti aging purpose
- Top breakfast cereals, yogurt, salads, and cooked vegetables with an ounce of chopped nuts.
- Snack on an ounce of whole almonds (about 24) for almost half the vitamin E you need for the day.
- Enjoy a nut butter sandwich on whole-grain bread.
- Concoct a smoothie by blending a medium frozen banana, 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, and 2 teaspoons sugar (optional).
- Include berries at least once daily on top of breakfast cereals, in smoothies or salads, or snack on them as is.
- Add dried cranberries or cherries to cooked whole grains.
- Make a quick guacamole by mixing a ripe avocado and large, diced tomato with 1 tablespoon each of olive oil, fresh chopped cilantro leaves, and finely chopped onions.
- Make mashed potatoes with fat-free evaporated milk
- Enjoy a smoothie made with milk, berries, and crushed ice.
- Indulge a chocolate craving with fat-free chocolate milk.
Spread your Buzz here..