Best Makeup foundation - How to apply foundation?
Foundation is a most commnly used makeup item. This is one makeup item that makes a makeup complete. including foundation in your beauty, gives you that long lasting look which you desire. Today you can choose from many foundations, so you can get the best coverage from your particular skin type. Here's what's on offer and who they are best for.
- Tinted moisturizers - They are ideal for young and clear skins. They are also great in the summer. These are a cross between a moisturizer and a foundation, as they will soothe your skin while given a little coverage.
- Liquid Foundations - These are the most popular and versatile of all foundation types because they smooth on easily and offer a natural looking coverage.
- Cream Foundations - These are thick, rich and moisturozing, making them ideal for dry or mature skin. As they have a fairly heavy texture, make sure you blend them well into your skin with a damp cosmetic sponge.
- Mousse Foundations - These are quite moisturizing and ideal for dry skin. The best way is to dab a little of the product onto the back of your hand, then dot on to your skin with a sponge.
- Compact Foundations - These are all in one formulation which already contain powder. They come in a compact, usually with their own sponge for application.
- Stick Foundations - They have a heavy texture and so are best confined for use on badly blemished or scarred skin.
Foundation Applying Tips
- Spend time finding the right foundation color for you.
- Don't try foundation on your hand or on your wrist - they are a different color to your face.
- Before buying, check different foundation colors on your jawline for a perfect match.
- Ensure you are in natural daylight when trying out foundation colors, so you can see exactly how your skin will look once you leave the shop or counter.
- For best result, wear your make-up in the type of light in which you will be seen.
- Lightly moisturise face and neck, using an anti-shine product on your T-zone if it is oily.
- Apply small dots of foundation.
- Blend gently, using strokes away from the centre of your face.
- Blend Blend Blend, for a professional finish. And, don't forget to give all angles of your face a final check in the mirror to make sure you haven't got any un-natural lines where your foundation finishes.
- Many companies have added sunscreens to their foundations, so they will protect you from the aging effects of the sun while you wear them. So look out for the UV protection and sun protection factor (SPF) on the bottle.
- Look for the new 'Light Diffusing' foundations, which are great for older skins.
HOW TO BUY FOUNDATION
- Before buying a foundation, test the color on the inside of your wrist. The skin here is unblemished and will give you an idea on how the color will look on your face.
- Don't make up your mind instantly. It takes about a minute for colour to dry and interact with the chemicals in your skin. The red pigments develop first so it will appear the pinkest at the beginning.
- Then go to the nearest source of natural light. If you have chosen the right colour, it will disappear into the skin.
Spread your Buzz here..