Cleaning your dentures every day is one of the most important things you can do to help your smile keep its attractive appearance. If you don’t, plaque can form on dentures, making them less bright. Plus, failure to clean your dentures regularly can result in staining and denture odor, as well.
Clean your dentures by thoroughly rinsing off loose food particles. Moisten the brush and apply the denture cleaner. Brush all denture surfaces gently to avoid damaging the plastic or bending the attachments.
The general rule is: brush, soak, brush. Always clean your dentures over a bowl of water or a folded towel in case you drop them. Brush your dentures before soaking, to help remove any food debris. Using an effervescent (fizzy) denture cleaner will help remove stubborn stains and leave your denture feeling fresher. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Then brush the dentures again, as you would your own teeth, being careful not to scrub too hard as this may cause grooves in the surface.
Most dentists advise using toothpaste and a small- to medium-headed toothbrush. Make sure you clean all the surfaces of the dentures, including the surface which touches your gums. This is especially important if you use any kind of denture fixative. If you notice a build up of stains or scale, have your denture cleaned by your dentist or hygienist.
Some tips for Cleaning your dentures
- Keeping dentures clean will sure help you in flaunting a nice smile.
- Don’t stop with cleaning dentures only in the morning.
- When you wake up in the morning make it a point to clean your dentures.
- Before you go to bed, make it a point to brush your dentures again.
- By brushing your dentures daily, you can keep it clean. You can remove the food particles easily by brushing.
- Many of the drug stores provide denture solution. Just pour the solution to a glass of water and soak your dentures in the solution for the whole night.
- For the health of your gums cleaning dentures twice is recommended.
Spread your Buzz here..