Dental Implant Dentures
An alternative to dentures, dental implants (small dental appliances that are inserted into the upper and lower jaws) help to restore the mouth that has little or no non-restorable teeth. Dental implants are slowly replacing dentures used by some people, as they provide many advantages over traditional dentures.
Advantages of dental implants over dentures:
For some people, particularly persons with loose or poor fitting dentures due to flat ridges, or persons with multiple missing teeth who need support for crowns and bridges, implants may be considered a more appropriate alternative to fix the appearance of missing teeth than dentures. According to the American Academy of Implant Prosthodontics, implants help to accomplish the following:
- reduce movement of dentures, bridges, and/or crowns
- facilitate proper chewing
- provide support and improved stability for removable dentures or fixed bridge work
- approximate the "feel" of natural teeth better than dentures
- promote "denture self-confidence", as speech and appearance are often improved
Dental implant dentures will be done only after taking a period at least of six months. Within this time the implant is left in rest and so that jaw bones are allowed to grow into them. The dental implant dentures clips are attached to the retaining bars with flexibility to have them removed whenever wanted. This is placed to hold prosthesis in place and they help the process to end in good success.
Spread your Buzz here..