Best Eye Care Tips for You
Eyes may be tough but they need to be cared for, particularly from exposure to dirt, dust, pollution and smoky atmosphere.
Tips for healthy eyes
- Get into the habit of starting the day by splashing your open eyes with cold water, so that they are thoroughly cleaned and stimulated.
- Avoid using too much of eye drops, rather it is better to squeeze fresh cucumber juice into your eyes.
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water daily.
- Your sleep pattern should be composed of at least 7 hrs.
- Make sure to remove all traces of eye make up before going to bed for it might cause infection in the roots of eyelashes.
- Do rest your eyes at least every 30 minutes when you are reading, sewing, using a computer or the likes, by looking up and focussing at distant objects.
- Make sure that your diet contains good sources of Vitamin A, such as cereals, celery, oily fish, egg yolk and liver. If your eyes are itchy, watery or bloodshot you could be lacking in Vitamin B2 which can be found in brewer's yeast, liver and whole grain cereals.
- Do make sure that your computer and television screens are sharply focused.
- Do not rub or stretch the skin under the eyes-it is very delicate and is easily damaged.
- Don't read in poor light; the light should come from behind or above rather than from the front.
- Don't look directly at the sun, as you might be tempted to do during an eclipse; even the darkened sun can cause severe and permanent damage. Similarly, avoid staring at any bright or glaring lights.
- Don't read for more than two hours at a stretch. Give a rest in between to your eyes for 10 min by putting the palms of your hands over them and shutting out the light.
- Do wear sunglasses when in bright sunlight.
- While using beauty aids, use only herbal products or hypo-allergic beauty-aids. (Hypo allergic beauty aids are those products whose application doesn't cause any allergy.)
- The skin around the eyes and eye-lids is very soft and delicate. Rubbing a little of almond oil, around your eyes before you retire, would keep the skin soft and glowing. The juice of a water-melon is also a very good substitute of almond oil, particularly in summers when you might like to avoid using greasy oil. This juice also takes away the wrinkles around the eyes.
- If you are used to having alcohol. slash its consumption to the minimum. Alcohol not only adversely affects your eye-sight but also dries the skin, around your eyes, and leaves dark rings. The same is true for smoking.
Castor oil for beautiful eyebrows and eyelashes
Applying pure castor oil to your eyebrows and lashes, particularly those who have scanty growth will make them grow thick and long.
Tips for Fatigued Eyes: Constantly working under strong lights and watching television for a long duration also make the eyes quite fatigued. The best way to eliminate this fatigue is to gently massaging your eyes. You can use Almond oil for this purpose. Also rub your both hands to warm them and gently 'place them upon your eyes. The warmth of the hand would provide your eyes much relief.
Spread your Buzz here..