Styles that conceal a large belly
Great dress style is about making the most of your body shape and forgetting about your size. Choosing the right cut, colors and prints can be effective in giving the appearance of losing pounds or kilos.
Dress to hide the belly
- Don't wear too many colors at once.
- Avoid any clothing combination that defines your waist, including any belted or drawstring looks.
- Go for tunic tops, loose jackets, softly pleated pants
- Black is great as a quick fix as it is very slimming
- When choosing evening wear, look towards those dresses that have an empire waist. This style cinches right under the bosom, instead of at the waist, which will elongate your torso and conceal your belly bulge.
- Skip wide belts, long necklaces, big pins
- Skip tucked-in blouses, cropped tops, belted jackets
- Vertical stripes give the illusion of slimness, but watch out - horizontal stripes do the opposite.
- Any vertical detailing is your friend, as is anything with a knot-front which rests just over the stomach.
- Wear tunic-style tops and sweaters; they’re flattering, yet spacious. Select square shape jackets, as they are roomy and cover the stomach.
- If your hips and thighs are less than svelte, skip leggings, big patterns below the belt, narrow trousers
- Never wear anything shiny over an area you are trying to hide.
Lastly, Be confident and proud of your body! You're beautiful, even if you aren't the skinniest person on the planet.
Spread your Buzz here..