How to appear slimmer?
Everyone wants to look slimmer. Slim figures are the deepest desires of many a people. Slimming in itself requires lot of determination and stong will to work. We have tried to lay down some general principles of getting slimmer and appear slimmer. Here are some of the points:
- Necklines can be very important. Pick v-necks, scoop necks or open collars. These necklines create a vertical look which helps with the slimming image.
- Avoid small handbags as they will make you appear larger by comparison
- Vertical design line that causes the eye to run uninterrupted up and down the body has an incredible power to make you appear slimmer and taller. Vertical stripes in particular are great at making you appear slimmer, but be careful with the stripes you choose. The wider the stripe and the further apart they are spaced, the less impact they have. Thin to medium stripes placed close together have the most impact.
- Wear shoes or sandals with slim heels. They will make you look taller and slimmer.
- Shiny fabrics should be avoided, as should thick fabrics. Thinner, matt fabrics are generally more slimming and absorb rather reflect light, making you stand out less and appear thinner.
- Wearing dark colours over a figure challenge can help to visually reduce your size. It doesn't have to be black; charcoal, navy and chocolate all work well too. Just make sure the colour that is framing your face comes from your best colour palette. There is no point looking slimmer if you also look washed out and tired.
- Monochromatic dressing (dressing in one color only) makes anyone look taller, slimmer and leaner.
- Avoid pants with front pleats, they add kilos to any look. For a more casual look, invest in some good jeans. A slight flair or boot-cut leg makes your thighs appear thinner.
Wear a longer jacket or blouse, and wear it un-tucked. This will give a slimmer look, and deflects attention away from the problem waistline area.
- Most everybody has a feature they are most proud of. For some, it is the legs, while others have nice arms. If you have nice legs, wear a skirt that comes right above the knees and pair it with some nice heels. This will give you instant height and make your legs appear longer which will slim your entire body. If you have nice toned arms, wear a sleeveless shirt to show them off.
- Don't tuck your shirt in - this will emphasise larger tummies. Invest in a shirt that falls no longer than just below your waist
- Buy clothing that fit. Don't try and squeeze into a size 12 if you are a size 14. This may seem obvious, but there are plenty of women who get hung up on size and won't accept the size they really are.
Spread your Buzz here..