How to get rid of Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome?
Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), also known as respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) or adult respiratory distress syndrome. It results from malfunction of the lung resulting from injury to the small air sacs and the capillaries of the lungs. It is a life-threatening condition in which inflammation of the lungs and accumulation of fluid in the air sacs or alveoli which leads to low blood pressure.
What happens in ARDS to the body?
In ARDS, infections, injuries, or other conditions cause the lung's capillaries to leak more fluid than normal into the air sacs. This prevents the lungs from filling with air and moving enough oxygen into the bloodstream.
How to get rid of Acute Respiratory Stress Syndrome?
- Persons with ARDS are hospitalized and require treatment in an intensive care unit.
- No specific therapy for ARDS exists.
- Treatment is primarily supportive using a mechanical respirator and supplemental oxygen.
- Some people who survive recover completely. Others may have lasting damage to their lungs and other health problems.
- The goal of treatment is to provide breathing support and treat the underlying cause of ARDS.
Natural ways to help get rid of ARDS
A breathing machine is used to deliver high doses of oxygen and a continuous level of pressure called PEEP (positive end-expiratory pressure) to the damaged lungs.
Many family members of people with ARDS are under extreme stress. Often they can relieve this stress by joining support groups where members share common experiences and problems.
Spread your Buzz here..