Hair Loss And Vitamins
Good nutrition is vital to healthy hair growth. Our body needs a variety of vitamins and minerals to maintain proper body functions. Vitamins play a vital role in hair growth and maintaining a healthy head of hair.
Vitamins to prevent hair loss and to keep hairs healthy
- Para-Aminobenzoic Acid (PABA)- It is also known as Calcium Pantothenate. This vitamin is one of the lesser known members of the B complex family. It is an an anti-grey hair vitamin. It is found in foods like whole grain and yeast, liver.
- Vitamin A - It is an antioxidant which helps to produce healthy sebum in the scalp. Sources are spinach, milk, carrots, Fish liver oil, cheese etc.
- Vitamin E- It is an antioxidant which enhances scalp circulation. Natural resources are soya beans, brussel sprouts, raw seeds and nuts, wheat germ.
- Choline- Choline is a B vitamin like nutrient which is useful in counter acting the effects of stress. It is found in liver, yeast, wheat germ.
- Vitamin B12 - It prevents hair loss. Foods rich in Vitamin B12 are fish, chicken, milk, and eggs.
- Vitamin C - Antioxidant which helps to maintain hair and skin health. Natural sources are green peppers,Citrus fruits, tomatoes, strawberries, kiwi, cantaloupe, potatoes and dark green vegetables. Daily dose is 60 mg.
- Biotin- It is called vitamin H, B complex component. It prevents excessive hair loss. Food sources are liver, kidney, brewer's yeast, organ meats, whole grain cereals.
- Vitamin B6 - This vitamin helps to create melanin, and prevents hair loss. Sources are vegetables, Brewer's yeast, egg yolk liver, organ meats .
- Inositol- It is a member of B vitamin group. It Keeps hair follicles healthy at the cellular level. Natural resources are citrus fruits, whole grains, brewer's yeast.
- Zinc- It stimulates hair growth by enhancing immune function.
Spread your Buzz here..