Causes Of Hair Loss In Women
Hair loss in women is common. It can happen anywhere on the body but mainly on the scalp. Major factors that Causes Hair Loss in Women are as follows
There are 3 different types of hair loss in women
Common causes of Hair Loss In Women
- Androgenetic alopecia- Hereditary pattern hair loss with a typical pattern of diffuse hair thinning over the central scalp. It happens above the forehead and on the top and back of the head. Androgenic alopecia in women occurs due to the action of androgens. It is also caused by many factors such as menopause ovarian cysts, the taking of high androgen index birth control pills, pregnancy.
- Alopecia areata- It can be caused by deficiencies in the immune system which results in patchy loss of hair from the scalp and/or eyebrows.
- Telogen effluvium- It is caused by stress. Stress may be physical stress, stress from a death in the family. It ischaracterized by a general thinning of the hair.
- Chemical processing- Chemicals used in hair styling can cause permanent damage to hair and scalp which results in hair loss.
- Traction alopecia- Tight braiding, corn-rowing cause permanent damage to hair and scalp and result in hair loss.
- Anagen Effluvium- This hair loss is commonly associated with chemotherapy.
- Hair loss can also be caused by an imbalance of thyroid hormones, increased testosterone, increased stress.
Spread your Buzz here..