What Is Carpal tunnel syndrome?
Though it might appear that carpal tunnel syndrome is a form born from long hours spent working on a computer keyboard, carpal tunnel syndrome in fact has numerous causes. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a medical term in which the median nerve is dense at the wrist, most important to paresthesias, numbness and muscle sickness in the hand. The diagnosis of carpal tunnel symdrome is frequently misapplied to patients who have work-related arm pain.
Symptoms of Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Deadness or tingling in your hand and fingers, particularly the thumb and index and middle fingers.
- Ache in your wrist, palm or forearm.
- Extra numbness or pain at night than during the day. The pain may be so awful it awaken you up.
- More then pain when you use your hand or wrist more.
- Problem gripping objects.
- sickness in your thumb.
Prevent of Carpal tunnel syndrome
First treatment usually including resting the affected hand and wrist for at least 2 weeks, keep away from activities that may get worse symptoms, and bring to a halting the wrist in a splint to stop further damage from twisting or winding. No steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, for example aspirin, ibuprofen, and other nonprescription pain relievers, may ease pain. Use cool ice packs and taken by mouth or lidocaine (injected directly into the wrist) can relieve swelling and pressure on the median nerve and provide immediate, temporary relief.
Home remedy for Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Make use of fat tool handles. If your tool handles are not fat then use some rubber grip to fatten it. Keep knives and other cutting tools sharp so that less pressure is exerted on the median nerve. Avoid hold a pen with a tight grip while writing. Always wear a wrist splint, especially at night. Apply an ice pack on your aching wrist, it will lessen the pain. If ice is unavailable, go for a hot treatment. Apply a heating pad on the aching wrist.
- Use application of ice pack for dincrease swelling, treat swollen hands and wrists to cold packs.
- Every so often, create it a habit to remove your hands from your keyboard and get them up into the air to release stress and tension. lift your arm above your head and rotate, creation sure to turn your wrist as well.
- Keep regularly massage by using herbal oil.
- Yoga is effective remedy to get rid off carpal tunnel syndrome.
Tips and diet for Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Adding vitamin B especially vitamin B6 in your diet. Do not take packaged foods because it contains tartrazine which interferes with vitamin B6.
- Sleep in right position your arms close to your body and put your wrists straight. If your hand should drop over the side of the bed, force will start to build.
- You may shake or rub your hand to get relief.
- Avoid caffeine. Steer clear of caffeinated foods and beverages such as chocolate, cola, tea, and coffee. Caffeine constricts blood vessels, which reduces blood flow to the hands and aggravates carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Stop caffeine, smoking constricts blood vessels, which impedes blood flow to the hands. And that worsens carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms.
Spread your Buzz here..