How to get rid of cat urine odors
There are lot many chances of your pets and cat peeing on the carpet, sofa and other upholstry. Thes creatures find comfort and solace in using these areas as their peeing ground. If your cat or dog has peed on your carpet you know how difficult it is to get rid of the smell of cat urine. Cleaning and deodorizing cat urine can be quite a challenge.
Steps for getting rid of Cat Urine Smell
- Keep the litter box clean - Cats can be picky creatures. If their regular watering hole isn’t as sparkling as they would like it to be, they will find somewhere else to go.
- Simply add ¼ cup apple cider vinegar along with your normal laundry detergent, start the washer and all the clothes and rugs are clean and smell free.
Cleaning of carpet affected by Cat Urine
- First absorb as much of the cat urine as possible using paper towels or an old towel.
- Place clean paper towels over the cat urine area and tread on them so as to absorb as much of the urine as possible.
- Now wet the area with a solution of 50% white vinegar and 50% water. Make sure you use enough of the solution to penetrate the fibres deep down.
- Allow it to dry. You can assist drying by blotting with paper towels as described above.
- Apply a liberal amount of baking soda over the affected area and drizzle it with a quarter of a cup of hydrogen peroxide mixed with a teaspoon of dishwashing detergent.
- Work it in with a scrubbing brush or your fingers (be sure to wear rubber gloves) to dissolve the baking soda.
Odor Removal Products for Cat Urine Odors
try an odor-removal product to contend with the problem. There are many of pet odor cleaners currently available in the market, and they tend to be expensive so it’s a good idea to do some pre-purchase research.
Try enzyme odor neutralizers such as Simple Solution or Nature's Miracle. You have to follow the directions exactly though and saturate the area with the product, then leave it there the appropriate amount of time. Repeat as needed for any spot any cat has anointed. Other cats will react and consider that as the correct place to urinate.
Spread your Buzz here..