What is Fever?
Fever happens when the body's inner "thermostat" lifts up the body temperature above its normal level. This thermostat is established in the part of the brain also know as the hypothalamus. Fever is a height in body temperature. In this case the body's protective mechanism against infection. The height in temperature occurs when our immune system is fighting off bacteria and viruses that could harm our body.Fever is caused because of the aggravation of any one or all the doshas of the body.
Symptoms of Fever
- High temperature
- Muscle ache
- Burning eyes
- Loss of appetite
- Coated tongue
- Excessive production of saliva
- Feeling of heaviness and nausea
Prevent for Fever
- Get abundance of rest and drink lots of fluids. Over-the-counter- medicines may help relief your symptoms.
- Consult your doctor if your symptoms become severe. Prevent the flu by getting the flu vaccine in the fall.
- Do not eating solid foods until the fever is gone. You can replace the foods by drinking plenty of distilled water and/or juices.
- Keep away from suddenly changes in atmospheric temperatures.
- Drink sufficient water as you can in order to replace fluid loss. This is also help to bring down body temperature.
Home Remedy for Fever
- Take teaspoonful of turmeric powder added to a glass of hot milk with sugar to taste. Alternatively is also constipation, add a teaspoon of hot ghee (clarified butter), have it two time a day. It is effective way for healing fever.
- Patients should be given bael sherbet, alternating it with the holy basil fever potion. Make this pulp of three ripe bael fruits in two glasses of water. Add sugar to taste. Adult dose: four tablespoonfuls 3-4 times a day. Have this plenty of water to drink, spaced out in between these periods. This is best remedy to treat fever.
- Take a handful of crushed fresh mint leaves, 2-3 black peppercorns, 2-3 long peppers, a one-fourth-inch piece of ginger, and ground to a fine paste. Boil it in two cups of water. Just it comes to the boil; simmer it for 12-15 minutes. When it cooled, filtered mixture, divided into three doses and sipped as a herbal tea, gives relief in fevers associated with" gastro-intestinal disorders. It would be good to get rid of fever.
- Take half a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds, boiled with a cupful of water, cooled, and flavored with a teaspoon of lemon juice with honey/sugar added to taste,removes the foul sour taste in the mouth and the unlikable body odour linked with some fevers.
- Drink lemon-grass tea, with honey to taste, is a stimulating remedy for fever.
- In case of high fever used application of cool sandalwood paste on the forehead brings the temperature down, just like a cold compress does.
Diet and tips for Fever
- simply digestible diet is recommend for the patient
- Used boiled or steamed vegetables
- Have vegetable soup
- Have fruit and fruit juices
- Have small quantities of cow milk can be taken two to three times a day
- Khichadi is very good with spices like cumin seeds, coriander, turmeric, ginger and salt can be also be added to it.
- Egg plant, bitter gourd and cooked radish and barley water are good.
- Little amounts of whole grain bread or biscuits can be taken with milk. Heavy foods that are difficult to digest like fried foods, fast foods, meat, chicken, fish, and raw foods should be completely avoided.
- The patient should take plenty rest.
Spread your Buzz here..