What Is Premenstrual Syndrome - PMS?
Premenstrual syndrome or PMS group of symptoms and sings that begin one to two weeks ahead of your period. More than women have at least a few symptoms of PMS, and the symptoms go away after their periods start. Such as Frame of mind swings, tender breasts, a swollen abdomen, food cravings, fatigue, irritability and depression. Main causes of premenstrual syndrome are estrogen-progesterone hormones imbalance.
Symptoms of premenstrual syndrome
- Weight increase from fluid retention
- Abdominal bloating
- Breast tenderness
- Tension or anxiety
- Depressed mood
- Crying spells
- Mood swings and irritability or anger
- Hunger changes and food cravings
- Trouble falling asleep
- Joint or muscle pain
Prevent of premenstrual syndrome
- Do regular exercise.
- Make a well-balanced diet
- Increase their intake in diet of whole grains, vegetables, and fruit and decreasing their intake of salt, sugar, caffeine, and alcohol.
- Take sufficient sleep and rest.
- Attempt to schedule stressful events for the week after your period.
Home remedy for premenstrual syndrome
- Take hot water bath. This is gives relief all over muscles and hence your pms cramps.
- Take some red wine. These will sooth the pms cramps.
- Use chase tree herb. It is effective in curing PMS cramps. Every morning put 10 drops of chase tree extract in a glass of water and drink.
- Take meals a pinch of black pepper mixed with aloe vera gel, 3 times a day. This is helpful to relief abdominal pain and backache related with premenstrual syndrome.
Herbal remedy for premenstrual syndrome
- Chamomile tea provides relief from abdominal cramps during premenstrual syndrome by relaxing the uterus. You can pour a cup of boiling water over five fresh chamomile flower heads. Let it allowed the tea to steep for about 5 minutes, strain and may drink it.
- Sunflower seed is a fine supply of magnesium that can help in relieving fluid retention and promoting blood circulation. You can grind some sunflower seeds in your coffee grounder and may add a tablespoon of this to your food daily.
Diet for premenstrual syndrome
- Include whole grains for example wholemeal bread, brown rice, millet, buckwheat, etc in your regular diet. It providing slow and continued release of energy into our system, thus alleviate fatigue related with premenstrual syndrome.
- One more suggestion you can regular eating of oatmeal can help in relieving premenstrual syndrome.
- Consume lots of fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts, seeds, and fish. Do not take red meat and fatty foods. They can add to estrogen levels in your blood and hence, will make worse the PMS symptoms. Eat a low sodium diet.
Spread your Buzz here..