How to Deal With Thrush
Thrush is also called as candidiasis which is yeast infection caused because of an overgrowth of Candida. It may happen to baby or adult person. Thrush mostly occurs on body area such as vagina, mouth or digestive tract. Thrush may caused because of diabetes, pregnancy, weak immune system, stress or prolonged consumption of contraceptive pills. Thrush is responsible for frustration and discomfort. It also gives irritation, burning sensation, redness, white patches or rashes on affected area.
Medicinal Approach to Cure Thrush
- Antifungal medicines - Antifungal mouthwash and lozenges are mostly preferred by doctors to cure oral Thrush. Various other antifungal medicines are also used to treat thrush.
- Antimycotics - Fluconazole, voriconazole, topical ketoconazole, topical nystatin and amphotericin B, are mainly prescribed to cure thrush.
- Pessaries and Creams - For vaginal thrush, pessaries and vaginal or vulval creams work best. You apply at neigh because some may of them may melt or come out of vagina.
- Oral Tablets - When thrust is occurring again and again then it is considered that it affected your intestine. In such case fluconazole or itraconazole are used to treat thrush completely.
Natural Remedies to Treat Thrush
- Yoghurt - It is placed on affected area and it is widely used in treatment of thrush.
- Tea Tree oil - Take half cup of water and mix 20 drops of tea tree oil in it. Soak tampon on it and apply on affected area.
- Coconut oil and Oregano Oil - Both oils are ideal for external use but they are diluted before use.
- Calendula - Calendula has both anti fungal and soothing characteristic.
- Garlic - Because of its antibacterial and antifungal properties garlic is also used to cure thrush.
Preventive Tips for Thrush
- Keep personal hygiene. Wash affected area with plain water. Clean and dry it well to reduce further infection.
- Avoid food that contains yeast, dried fruit, mushrooms, dairy foods and pickles because it helps in developing thrush.
- Eat healthy diet but avoid food which contains high level of sugar because sugar helps in development of yeast.
- Stay away from situation which give you stress as stress is also responsible for thrush.
Spread your Buzz here..