Piercing of nose area for the purpose of jewelry wearing is called as nose piercing. It is second most common type of body piercing after ear piercing. Nose piercing can be done with the help of specific nose piercing gun or needle. Previously nose piercing is related to only India but now it is widely spread all over the world. Nose piercing can be done by both male and female but it is more common in female. Healing process of nose piercing is fast as compared to other face piercing but proper care should be required after nose piercing.
Types of Nose Piercing
- Nostril piercing
- Nasal septum piercing
- Bridge piercing
Equipments Required for Nose Piercing
- Nose piercing gun or needle
- Sterilized bags
- Distilled water
- Gauze or cotton
- Rubbing alcohol
Procedure for Nose Piercing
- Equipments require for nose piercing should be well sterilized before use.
- Pierce your nose only from trained and experienced professionals.
- Share your expectation with piercer and fully trust on him.
- By using a skin antiseptic clean your skin which you want to be pierced.
- Piercer inserts needle through skin with little pain.
- Put jewelry into hole. Jewelry should also be sterilized.
- Do all after care to reduce any side effect and for improvement of healing process.
Jewelry for Nose Piercing
Never use jewelry which is made from sliver and nickel during healing process. Jewelry made for piercing nose should be prepared from metals like platinum, 18ct white & yellow gold, niobium, titanium or palladium because it does not give any allergic reaction. Preferred nose piercing jewelry is little diamond, gold and colored niobium rings and studs, gemstones studs, small shapes like moons, dolphins or hearts studs, nose bones, nose screws and ball closing rings.
Care Tips for Nose Piercing
- Instruments which are required for nose piercing should be well sterilized.
- Clean piercing daily by using warm water.
- Do not touch pierced area for several times because it may lead to swelling.
- Prefer B-vitamins and Zinc supplement rich diet for fast healing process.
- Don’t remove jewelry from nose for at least six months.
- Avoid contact of make-up, cleansers, sun screen cream or hairspray which may lead to infection.
Spread your Buzz here..