Bikini waxing means detachment of body hair from pubic area. When use of swimsuit came in picture then western women started bikini waxing. The Cosmetology and Hairstyling Board want ban for bikini waxing but it is refused by US state of New Jersey because it may cause business loss in swimsuit season. Bikini waxing involves lot of pain and discomfort. Many women do it as a part of personal hygiene. Bikini waxing should be done by trained professional only and it is done by both men and women.
Various Types of Bikini Waxing
Bikini waxing is done in various ways so it has different styles or types. It may vary depending on salon. Following is types of bikini waxing.
- Regular Bikini Wax - In this type hairs are removes from outside pant line.
- Full Bikini Wax - It includes waxing top hair which makes a more defined triangle area.
- French Bikini Wax - A small vertical strip of hair is left and all other hairs are removed completely.
- Brazilian Bikini Wax - In this type all hair is removed from front as well as from back. Sometimes small thin strip of hair may leave depending on demand.
Steps for Bikini Waxing
- Clean the pubic area with an antiseptic cleaner or pre wax lotion and then dry it well.
- Spread talcum powder on that area.
- Apply thin layer of warm wax in the direction of hair growth.
- Put stripe over wax and wait for attachment. Do not wait for too long.
- Pull off strip in opposite direction of hair growth.
- Apply suitable antiseptic after-wax lotion to soothe the skin.
How to Prepare for a Bikini Wax?
- If you are pregnant or have periods then avoid waxing during these days because skin becomes more sensitive in these days.
- To reduce your pain takes ibuprofen or aspirin before one hour of waxing.
- Trim your hair if they are too long and if they are too short then proper waxing is not possible.
- Avoid swimming or sunning one day before biking waxing.
- Do exfoliatation day before of your waxing to remove dead skin.
- Wear old or easily washed underwear and choose a thong skimpy pair of underwear.
Precaution for Bikini Waxing
- If you have diabetics, psoriasis or if you take Retinol or Accutane then avoids bikini waxing.
- After wax avoid oil based products.
- Take anti-inflammatory medicines such as ibuprofen before one hour of waxing and also avoid caffeine.
- At several time bikini wax women cause infection and it may result in serious problem so antibiotic therapies are used to treat infection.
Spread your Buzz here..