Leg Waxing for Both Men and Women
Leg waxing is a procedure for removing hair from legs. Many female wax their legs as a part of fashion. Leg wax is done by both men and women and it is temporary method for hair removal. Leg waxing takes out hair from the hair follicle at the root.
Methods of Leg Waxing
- The Hot Wax Method - Hot wax is method which requires warm wax when you are applying on leg. Thin layer of warm wax is spread on leg in direction of hair growth and then put stripes on wax and after few second remove it in reverse direction of hair growth.
- The Cold Wax Method - Pre-made wax strips are used in cold wax method. Strip of wax is rubbed over skin and then pulled off to remove hairs.
Leg waxing products
- Wax warmer
- Pre-wax cleanser or lotion
- Talcum powder
- Waxing strips
- Wooden applicators
- Wax remover for the skin
- After-wax lotion or aloe based gel
Steps for Leg Waxing
- If your hair size is greater than half inch then you trim your hair with hair clippers. You should have at least 1/4" hair for waxing.
- Apply pre-wax cleanser or powder on your leg for drying purpose.
- If you are using hot wax then warm wax before applying it.
- Put wax in direction of hair growth and apply thin layer of wax on your leg with the help applicator.
- Put strips on wax and press gently in direction of hair growth.
- Remove strips from legs by pulling it in opposite direction of hair growth.
- Clean if any extra wax remains on your leg.
- Apply aloe based after-wax lotion for softening of skin.
Care Tips for Leg Waxing
- Before waxing clean and dry you leg neatly.
- Try hot wax for small amount on hand before applying on leg to check its suitability.
- When wax is overheated and bubbling don’t put it on your leg because it may give you burn and irritation.
- Apply wax in hair growth direction which means down the leg.
- Don’t wax your legs if you have diabetes, acne, infected and burned skin, varicose veins or phlebitis.
- To reduce pain you can take asprin or ibuprofen 30 to 45 minutes before waxing.
Drawbacks of Leg Waxing
- If you do not pull stripe correctly and in time then it will gives you pain and redness.
- Don’t use scissors for trimming your leg hair because some hair may cut too small.
- You have to wash your bathroom, clothes or towels when you finish with waxing.
- Avoid cold strips for leg waxing.
Spread your Buzz here..