Paraffin wax is a chemical preservative and solid form of paraffin. Paraffin wax was first recognized by Carl Reichenbach in 1830. It is white, fragrance-free, tasteless, waxy solid substance having melting point below normal temperature. Paraffin wax is one of the best electrical insulator. It is widely used for candle making and other products. Depending on the oil content paraffin wax is divided into three categories namely Type-1, Type-2 and Type-3.
How Paraffin Wax is Prepared?
Paraffin wax is a natural element of crude mineral oils. It is separated or refined from crude mineral oils. After separation, it is purified by boiling it. After that it is refrigerated and pressed in a filter which gives you paraffin wax. After getting paraffin wax it is checked in laboratory for safety use.
What are Paraffin Wax Treatments?
- Paraffin wax therapy is used from ancient Roman Empire. It is widely used in sport related injuries.
- Paraffin therapy bath and paraffin heat therapy is effectively used in paraffin wax treatment.
- During paraffin wax treatment in the melted wax put your hands or feet. Then it is wrapped in non-absorbent material for half an hour so that it moisturizes your skin.
- If you have hypertension, diabetes, or varicose veins it is not recommended you use the paraffin treatments.
Benefits of Paraffin Wax
- Paraffin wax is effectively used in following condition such as Bursitis, Eczema, Psoriasis, Dry Flaky Skin, Stiff Joints, Fibromyalgia, Tired Sore Muscles, Inflammation and Arthritis. It is also helpful in following things
- It improves blood circulation.
- It is helpful in pore opening.
- Paraffin wax improves your skin color.
- It soothes and moisturizes your dry skin.
- It is helpful in therapeutic massage, physical and occupational therapy.
- In salon it is used as components of manicures, pedicures and facials.
Disadvantages of Paraffin Wax
- Cancer causing agent like carcinogen is found in vapors after emission of paraffin wax which is harmful.
- Black soot is emitted from paraffin wax.
- Paraffin wax contains petroleum byproducts which are not eco-friendly.
- Some times it can not burn completely and content which remains after burning is not reusable.
Spread your Buzz here..